Beautifully designed tall tail system.
Same as used on our VX-1 and VX2 Gyroplanes
Weight: 14.8 lbs
Our 56.5″ tall tail section includes a stationary leading edge with an independent rudder section. The 48″ wide horizontal stabilizer is (ground) pitch adjustable.
The use of our tall-tail design provides many benefits:
- Virtually eliminates any yaw tendencies from propeller slipstream.
- Cannot “Barn door” like a full flying tail.
- The morphing airfoil shape provides more rudder authority with less motion.
- Secure mounting system
- Much lower swinging mass than in a full-flying system.
- No chance of prop strike!